Terms of Service
Effective: August 1, 2013
We collect information to provide content and services on our website to our users, to analyze how our website is used, to diagnose service or technical problems, to maintain security, to personalize content, to remember certain information to help you efficiently use our website, and to monitor use and metrics of our website. We collect information in two ways:
Information You Provide: You may need to provide us with information about yourself, such as your name and email address, so that we can contact you to send you information you have requested.
Information Collected from Using Our Website: When you access our website, we automatically collect certain information about how you use our website.
- Log Files: Our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit our website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers: We may send one or more cookies (small data files) to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and improve your use of our website. A cookie may convey anonymous information about how you use our website but does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser in subsequent uses of our website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features of our Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from our website to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our website and the content and services offered on it, to develop new services, and to offer you personalized content tailored to you—such as giving you more relevant search results. We use the information we collect for the purposes described below:
- To provide the content and services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions
- To respond to your emails, comments, and requests, and to provide customer service
- To personalize and improve our website and your experience when you using our website
- To increase the functionality and user friendliness of our website
- To monitor and analyze use and trends of our website and any third-party services
- To fulfill the stated purpose for which the information was collected
Information We Share with Others
We may share the information we have collected from you:
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information
- With certain third-party services, when you choose to interact with those services and allow such sharing
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Services (these service providers may have access to your personal information but only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose that information or use it for any other purposes)
- When we believe that we are legally authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders
- In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where user information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets
How We Protect Your Information
We use physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to preserve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that the information we collect on our website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised, as required by applicable law.
Your Choices about Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can update or correct your personal or contact information through the applicable Services or by contacting us.
We may need to process your information on our servers in countries around the world, which may not be located in the country where you live.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to promptly remove that information.
Effective: August 1, 2013
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern and apply to your access and use of the content and services available via this website (our “Site”), which is provided by Motive Medical Intelligence. By accessing or using our Site, you are agreeing to these Terms. Certain services may be subject to additional terms, guidelines, or rules, which will be available with those relevant services, and those additional terms become part of these Terms when you use those services.
Information on Our Site
Our Site may contain information about health care standards and related information. The information on our Site is intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended to be relied on as professional medical advice. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees related to the quality, suitability, accuracy, or completeness of any content or information contained on our Site. Our Site may change from time to time and/or we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing our Site (or features within our Site), possibly without prior notice to you.
Our Site may also contain information, content, products, and services provided by third parties. These third-party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for these products and services (including their performance, operation, and availability) or the business practices or policies of third parties. We are providing these third-party services to you as a convenience, but we do not imply any endorsement or recommendation of these products or services, or of any association of us with such third parties. The products and services available through the third-party services are subject to their own terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices.
You may not do any of the following while using or accessing our Site:
- Attempt to access or search our Site or download content from our Site through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by us or other generally available third-party web browsers
- Access, tamper with, or use nonpublic areas of our Site, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers
- Gather and use information, such as other users’ names, real names, email addresses, available through our Site to transmit any unsolicited advertising, junk mail, spam, or other form of solicitation
- Use our Site for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms
- Violate any applicable law or regulation
- Encourage or enable someone to do any of the foregoing
We reserve the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above and/or involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting anyone who violates these Terms.
Our Site is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, we (or our licensors) exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to our Site, including all associated intellectual property rights. You may not remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying our Site or in any third-party services. If you provide any suggestions, ideas, feedback, or recommendations to us regarding our Site (“Feedback”), we may use this Feedback for any purpose and without any obligation to you. By providing us with Feedback, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, and royalty-free license to use and exploit any and all Feedback in any manner.
You understand and agree that our Site is provided to you “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that our Site will be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
Limitation of Liability
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR DATA OR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR LOSS OF USE OF THIS SITE), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us with respect to the subject matter and supersedes and merges any prior proposals, understandings, and contemporaneous communications. These Terms may be amended by us from time to time. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by posting the revised Terms or notifying you through our Site. Your continued access or use of our Site after the changes go into effect will constitute your agreement to such changes. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to or application of conflicts of law rules or principles. By using our Site, you consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts for San Francisco County, California, for any lawsuit filed there against you by us arising from or related to these Terms or our Site. If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.